Austrade and FIAL have partnered to provide Australian businesses with the opportunity to attend Expo Antad 2017 and to participate in an all-inclusive market visit as part of the food and beverage mission to Mexico.
Expo Antad Mexico 2017, is designed to become a consolidated international benchmark forum in the trade circuit within the food and agribusiness sector as the largest yearly food exhibition in Central and South America.
WHY YOU SHOULD PARTICIPATE
- Visit Expo Antad 2017 to look at sourcing, networking and export opportunities.
- Meet with buyers from main supermarkets and department stores in Mexico.
- Gain first-hand understanding of Mexico’s growing food and beverage sector and opportunities.
- Market your capabilities to Mexican companies leveraging Austrade’s established in-market connections.
With a population of 128 million people, Mexico is forecast to enter the Top 10 global economies before the end of the next decade. According to BMI more than 4.1 million households will enter the upper middle income threshold before 2020. Overall household expenditure is forecast to grow consistently above 5% over the same time period.
This sustained growth is evident in the rise of the premium food category, especially over the past decade. Premium supermarkets – City Market, Selecto Chedraui, H-E-B, Walmex and Soriana – have proliferated and can offer outstanding opportunities to Australian companies. Walmex alone has more than 2,300 stores across the country.
At the same time, Mexico’s reputation for trade and investment is building fast. According to Oxford Economics, Mexico will be the 6th largest trading nation in the world by 2050. For Australia in particular, Mexico will rise in importance, more so should a trade agreement be reached in the near future. This agreement will allow many Australian companies to compete at a fundamentally different price point.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Gourmet and premium products
- Beverage products
- Wine and other alcoholic products
- Processed food products
- Grains and seeds
- Confectionary and others
- ETS (Equipment, Technology and Services).
Further information about the mission is available on the attached flyer
Apply now at www.austrade.gov.au/fnbmissionmexico2017